The 2020s have been a rough decade for the auto industry. SUV sales have dropped significantly since 2021, which has created a problem for car dealerships. Lots of unsold inventory is sitting in their lots, and they’re struggling to get rid of it because there’s not much demand for these vehicles anymore. This window of opportunity is your chance to get a great deal on an SUV or crossover vehicle that you’ve always wanted!
What is the difference between an SUV and a Crossover?
SUVs are vehicles that have four tires on the ground and offer more space than sedans and coupes. They may be used to transport people or cargo, but they are typically higher off the ground than other cars. A crossover is similar to an SUV in that it also has four wheels but offers more maneuverability, making them easier to drive in urban environments. The main difference between these two types of automobiles is that crossovers provide more cargo space than their larger counterparts due to their lower profile.
Crossover SUVs can be classified as either tall or low-profile depending on their design characteristics:
- Low-profile crossovers have a roofline similar to traditional sedans, while high-profile vehicles boast a higher load height with prominent fender flares covering larger wheels and tires;
- Taller models tend towards higher road clearance (to avoid bottoming out on rough terrain), making them better suited for off-roading than short wheelbase models with limited ground clearance;
- Short wheelbase crossovers are best suited for city driving where tight turns might require additional maneuverability (such as parking).
The global pandemic, new models and the growing of the Electric Cars markets are the main reasons behind all of this is that, many car dealerships are struggling with unsold SUV’s and crossover inventories from 2021 and trying to sell these cars at a discount and get rid of the 2021 model year inventory as soon as possible.
What to look out for when searching the right SUV for you
The overall design of the SUV you want to buy is an important factor to consider. If you are looking for a family car, it will have more space and comfort than driving a sports car or a luxury car which is more likely to be used by single individuals. As you search through unsold inventories, keep in mind that there are many factors that should go into your decision making process including:
- Fuel economy
- Safety features
- Design of the model
- Trunk space
How to save money on unsold 2021 SUV’s inventory
- Buy from a reputable dealership – Reputable dealers have a reputation to uphold, and they’ll be more likely to give you the best deal possible
- Ask for better offer value before visiting the dealership – Many dealerships will offer low trade-in values in order to get you into their showroom, but if you’re more confident with targeted car value and know what it’s worth based on previous offers, ask for that amount or lower when negotiating with the dealership
- Dealerships want your business so bad that they’ll probably do anything it takes (within reason) to make sure that happens! Don’t forget that.
This is a window of opportunity for car buyers, so you need to be ready to take advantage of it.
The 2020s have been a turbulent time for car dealerships, as the market changes and consumers’ preferences shift. But one thing remains true: when there is an inventory overstock, you are in a great position to negotiate a better deal on both new and used vehicles.
With this in mind, don’t hesitate to take advantage of the current situation by shopping around for your next car at different dealerships—you never know what kind of price you’ll be able to get until you ask!
The Bottom line
As you can see, the car market is changing and with it, so are the buying habits of buyers. This means that car dealerships have to adapt their sales strategies as well. If you want to take advantage of this opportunity, then we advise that you start searching for your next SUV today.